If you are struggling with multiple oral health issues, Dr. Joseph R. Morris can design a completely customized full mouth reconstruction at his Islip, NY, practice. By combining multiple restorative dentistry treatments, he can improve the appearance, health, and function of your smile. Dr. Morris offers a wide range of treatments, and he uses gentle, precise techniques. Collaborating with his lab, he also uses durable and realistic-looking restorative materials. Every aspect of treatment will be carefully planned to provide the best long-term benefits.
Are You a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive treatment that can address many different structural and functional issues. Full-mouth reconstruction may be recommended if you are suffering from any combination of:
- Missing teeth
- Dental erosion
- One or more infected teeth
- Cracked or weakened teeth
- Gum disease
Planning Your Full Mouth Reconstruction
Each full mouth reconstruction is unique, tailored to a patient’s precise restorative needs and goals. To assess your candidacy and begin planning a treatment, Dr. Morris will schedule a thorough consultation in advance. Among other things, you will discuss your dental health history, your goals, and how you would like your smile to appear following treatment. With your active participation, Dr. Morris will decide which restorative procedures to include in your full mouth reconstruction.
Each full mouth reconstruction is unique, tailored to a patient’s precise restorative needs and goals.
The Process of Full Mouth Reconstruction
Depending on the extent of your needs, your treatment plan may be performed in phases. It usually begins with any treatments of your smile foundation - your gums and jaw - before addressing missing or damaged teeth. Your plan could involve:
- Dental implants: Implants are small metal posts that will replace your tooth roots. Dr. Morris performs implant placement himself. He will also attach a custom-designed restoration once your jawbone has fused to the implants.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that will fully cover your damaged or weakened teeth. They are made from state-of-the-art tooth-colored materials.
- Fillings: Fillings are the most common treatment for cavities. These restorations replace decayed tissue to provide support and aesthetics. Dr. Morris only offers tooth-colored composite fillings, which are crafted to blend seamlessly with your teeth.
- Bridges: Dental bridges can replace one to three missing teeth. There are several types of bridges available, including traditional, Maryland bonded, and implant-supported bridges.
- Root canal therapy: If you have an infected tooth, Dr. Morris may recommend root canal therapy. During this procedure, he will remove infected tissue from within the tooth. Finally, he will restore your tooth with a dental crown.
Dr. Morris uses careful and gentle techniques for minimal discomfort. In some cases, he may recommend sedation before the various stages of your treatment. For example, we typically administer sedation before implant placement. You may also benefit from sedation if you suffer from dental anxiety.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Morris
If you are ready to enjoy a healthy and fully functional smile, contact Dr. Morris’ office electronically or call (631) 581-7600 to schedule a consultation. Together, you and Dr. Morris can begin planning your healthy new smile.